There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 14 August 2014

SLEEP!!! Who needs it

Here I am again still banging on about the stitchathon!.......last one I promise *lol*. So there's one thing I forgot to say on the last post, which sort of led me to where I am now. As you might remember I set up a 'undercover' FB page so none of my mates would find out about me stitching........well my girlfriend (Chelle) decided it would be a great idea to tell our local paper about what I was doing. Great idea I thought...........until they wanted not only to run the story but come round to interview me and take pictures!! As you can imagine that sent a wave of panic thru me........" it's a local paper..........all my friends are local...... and read the paper!!!" After a change of under crackers I sat and thought about it.......was I ready for 'coming out'.....could I do this?... I came to the conclusion that I would do anything to get Grace her trike and for her in general. ........Yep I really do love her that much! *such a soppy git*. So the paper came round and the rest is unimportant. I was 'out' as a stitcher and haven't looked back since!

Anyway where did I get to last time time.........oh yeah....... its was the Friday before the stitchathon  and the fund was already at just over a grand! The total need was about £1500.

So I had planned the weekend to be a weekend when Jack and Harry were at their mum's and Charis was staying around her nan's. As the boy's were being picked up at around 10 am, I decided that meant we could have breakfast together. ......so that meant only one thing.......MACKIE D's!!!!!!!! On the way back from breakfast I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognise so I ignored it, Chelle then told me it was Dave (Grace's stepdad) and too answer it. It rang again straight away.......by this time I was getting really anxious and being the big girl I am I just couldn't answer it *lol*

Roll forward about 20 mins, the boys had gone and I was all set........I would say ready but i really wasn't. .........to be honest I was getting very worried about if I could do it and if I would let everyone down! (remember by this time people had already donated a ton of cash!!!)


11 o'clock hit and it was on!! I stuck The fellowship of the rings on and got down to some serious stitching! The original plan was to take a pic every hour which was how I started but every time I went on to FB to post one I got stuck there for about 20 mins dealing with messages on the event page and inboxes. Thing's were going great....... actually better than great by the afternoon I had started to notice something pretty crazy going on. The event page had really taken off........in a big way! People where chatting like it was just any group on Fb and making new friends which was really cool and what blew me away the most was they were sharing pics on the page.......not just of their stitching but of them watching the same films!! It was like a massive stitching group! All stitching together and chatting........cue massive smiles from me and a huge confidence boost........With everyone behind me I knew I could do it!!







A selection of pics from the 36 hrs

So a few high points for me through it were these...........obviously people joining me and sharing pics especially the ones with tv's in the background showing LOTR playing......eating a ton of sweets and junk *lol*..........people showing support and really making the whole thing so much more doable!!

 Some stand out memories for me was at 4 am when I didn't just hit the wall, I ran full speed straight into it repeatedly slamming my face into it, which then made it collapse on to me!!..........think I described that pretty spot on.....it hurt!! I popped onto the event page just to vent and post a pic of how bad I looked and to my surprise people were there chatting!! God I love different time zones, yep we had gone global people from the States, Australia and elsewhere (sorry if I missed your country out  *shocked but tired face*  Really can't tell you what that meant to me and altho I wasn't gonna quit....I'm a stubborn git when i wanna be (ask Chelle if you don't believe me) *lol*. those people will never really know what they did for me just being there!! 

Another one was at roughly 8 Sunday morning when the UK starting waking up, I started getting people messaging and saying HI. It felt like i had my crew back! It was at this point I really did KNOW I was gonna do it.......i felt wide awake again and then i got two messages that meant so much to me........first my niece Brooke sent a voice message saying "You can do it uncle Scott, Love you"...I'm not gonna pretend you all know I'm a big softie and I love my family so much.......so that was just amazing............Then i got a message from Helen...........this was it 


Morning Uncle Scott!
(I must admit I did tear up a bit (I blame the tiredness *lol*))

After that i knuckled down for another few hrs and the day past pretty much as before then i ran into another wall at about 5ish........this one not as bad but i was really starting to struggle now, so a quick bite to eat and a bath, both of which sorted by my missus who was just brilliant throughout the whole thing.........she didn't stay up all night tho she wimped out at about 12ish *lol*. I felt better after grub and a bath so back to it again.........roll forward until 9pm and I got a phone call from Dave.......by this time i got brave and answered him *LMAO*, what he said just freaked me out.......we had nearly done it........we were down to only needing around £100.......we chatted for about half hr by the time the call end it was only 30 odd quid i think........about ten minutes later he called back to say it had been reached.............the next 10 mins involved me wandering around the house swearing to myself and generally freaking out.......but i still had about 1 hr to go, so back to it I went........didn't really do much but I was stitching.........

THEN 11 PM HITS

I HAD DONE IT!!!!!!!
I STITCHED FOR 36HRS WITH NO SLEEP
WATCH SOME AMAZING FILMS
LORD OF THE RINGS EXTENDED BACK TO BACK
ALL OF HARRY POTTER BACK TO BACK
NOT ONLY THAT BUT PEOPLE CAME TOGETHER WHO HAD NEVER MET
WE PROVED WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA IS FOR!
IT'S NOT JUST FOR SHARING PICS OF YOUR DINNER

IT CAN ALSO BE USED TO CHANGE A LITTLE GIRL'S WORLD
AND ANYONE WHO DONATED AND SHARED LINKS FOR THIS
YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
FROM HELEN, DAVE AND FAMILY
FROM ME 
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
FROM GRACE

Grace on her very own Tomkat trike!!

just a couple more things

Dave made a really cool vid of the weekend pics which is so cool give it a watch if you want

Grace also has her own blog (mummy helps with the writing tho *lol*) which is WWW.bumblebeekisses.blogspot.co.uk

and lastly Dave made this well cool pic for me


So I think that is it.....my story of what happened........I have probably forgot loads
if you were there for it thank you 
all of you made it happen

So like my floss I'm going to get knotted
LATERS