There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 7 December 2014

And yet another new start

 
 
Yes I have new started again, I know your shocked about that but this one is amazing! So let me tell you about it and one of my other loves.......MUSIC!
 
I have a massive musical taste and listen to pretty much everything but there is one band I have been listening to was about 13.... which is about *cough muffled voice * 25 years now. For those of you now trying to work out the maths..  that makes me 38 *lol*. That band is The Levellers, they are a UK based punk/folk outfit. There music is politically motivated in the words they sing but also very upbeat and happy tunes. The first song of theirs I heard was 'Carry me' <<<< Click for song.......and I was hooked. The more I listened the more I found that they sang words I believed in.
 
I have seen them live to many times to count and that is where they are that their best. They are a live band that just party on stage. It is clear when you see them do their thing that they love what they do and you can't help dancing and jumping around like a loon *lol*. If you get chance you really need to check them out.........their You Tube channel is here >>>>>>THE LEVELLERS<<<<<<
 
A few weeks ago Michelle (my other half) and me went to see them. It was 'Chelle's first time and she is now a fan! We had an amazing time right down the front and I came out an absolute sweaty mess with a huge smile! So when we got home an idea hit me....... I wanna stitch some Levellers artwork
.
 
 
 
 Just a few pics from the gig
 
After a short sleep (late night after still being pumped after gig lol) i went off to work. By the time lunchtime had come round I had decide I wanted to do the 'Carry Me' artwork and I wanted it to do it so it ended up being the 12 inch single size.
 
 
I have two members of the band on my friends list on Facebook, so I fired off a quick message to Matt (Keyboards) to ask for to write to for permission to use their art. Too my surprise he spoke to Jez (founder, bass player and artist), who gave me permission straight away *cue little boy grin*
 
The next step was getting the pic converted, so I got in touch with Sarah from Painefree crafts. Luckily for me it was just a one colour chart and she managed to get it done that night *cue even bigger grin and rushing around to find some 28ct to stitch it on!*
 
I found the fabric and as you can probably imagine started it instantly. As you know I have a lot of WIP's on the go but this is the only one I actually wanna hang in my house (all my others I love the art but i like the process of stitching more than the hanging of the end product........does that sound odd?? Probably as I am a bit odd *lol*. So this is the progress so far on it.
 



 
 I haven't done much as Snow Angel has still grabbed me by the throat and demanding I stitch her *lol*
 
 
So that is me done for another post, hopefully I will get round to another before Christmas. If I don't then i wish you all a very happy Christmas and a very stitchy New Year!!